Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The End of an Era... kind of.



Tomorrow I'm shooting for Cosmopolitan... could it really be the last photoshoot I'll ever have? I don't know. Four years of modelling and MTV was fun (nay, more than fun-- life changing) but now it kind of feels like I have to get back to my real life.


But I'm excited for the future. It feels like such a fantasy; I can't believe I'm at the point of my life where I can say "Thanks but no thanks" to rocking schools to which I've been accepted like Duke, Georgetown or Cornell. They say half the battle is getting there and I think that's true of anything.

Modelling and Law School alike requires tremendous grunt work. Building your portfolio-- building your resume. Going to castings-- studying for LSATs. You have to work really hard to get your foot in the door to a top agency or a renowned Law School but I think it's worth it. Sure there are some people with natural beauty or talent, but I think for the most of us, we have to really try.

So what I'm trying to say is you have to really want it... whatever that "it" may be. And you have to remember to never take the easy way out because if it was that easy, everyone would be doing it.

And I really do believe that. Barring a (genetic) mental incapacitation, you can really do anything. You make your own luck.

With that being said, I still don't know where I'm going to Law School next year... I'll let that be a mystery for another week or two.

Gui Boratoo - No Turning Back